Well well, here we are, the last day of the year. Did you have a good year? Did you have a bad one? Whatever it is, be thankful for it. Because if you didnt have the bad days, you wouldnt have learned something new. And for the good days, be thankful for it. Well, I had a good and bad 2012. Not a very nice ending though. While almost all my friends are in church celebrating together, here I am at home in my room, on my bed writing this post. Well, on the bright side, i'm with my family. I'm thankful for that. Here are some of the things that I can remember happened in 2012.
-Started my degree in TESL at MSU
- Graduated from my diploma in TESL also at MSU
- Celebrated Amanda, Phoebe, Sue Reen, Charlene, Lis, Syahmi, Naufal's 21st birthday.
- Became a part of TESL Club Committee
- went on a road trip to Malacca with Aten and Syu
- attended a youth rally in church
-attended the Overnight Pentecost Vigil in church
- bid farewell to Christine, our ex youth leader who is continuing her studies in US now.
- attended my first concert, Jason Mraz
- fell out of love
- emceed an event in church
- got into the Dean's List for my first + second semester! :)
- went to Singapore
- celebrated my 21st birthday with my family and friends
- celebrated Christmas with my family and friends too
- made lots of new friends!
Maybe there's more but I just cant remember la. I'll edit and add in anything if I do remember. What about New Year's resolution? I never made any this year. But for next year, I think I will. Saying 'New year, a better me' is too cliche. Most of the time it doesnt happen. But I know I did change a lot this year, in a good way. Hopefully i'll follow my new year's resolution and make sure it happens. Here goes.
- Maintain my CGPA and hopefully be in the Dean's List. Aiming for the President's List is just too much for me.
- Do more charity work. Maybe visit the sick, the old folks, the marginalized, the orphanage. I cant donate yet so thats the least I could do.
- Register as a voter. One voice can make a difference.
- Volunteer for something big. I've been wanting to do this for so long, I hope it comes true next year.
- Make a change in someone's life.
- Participate in something big.
- Learn to speak up for my rights. I'm always the quiet one and never speak up because i'd rather keep it to myself. I guess I should start standing up for what I believe in.
- Smile more. Cry less. Hug more.
- Publish my poems. Since I dont have a lot of time to write a book or short stories, my poems will do for now.
- Stop having high hopes and waiting for guys. I'm better off alone.
Well, I guess thats about it. Lets hope I do achieve my goals that i've set for the year. I hope you do too if you have any New Year's resolution. Here's to a new beginning and a new start. Have a Blessed New Year everyone of you! God bless :)